It was so nice to have a bit of a blog break for the past week. Here’s what’s been going on lately…
1. The great thing about bad reads is that they make good reads that much more amazing. I read most of The Wonder Bread Summer, but I couldn’t bring myself to finish it because it just wasn’t good. It’s about a college girl who steals a Wonder Bread bag full of cocaine from her boss (also a drug dealer) at the dress shop to pay for tuition. She runs off to LA with it in search of her absentee mother and seemingly uncaring father, hoping they’ll help her out of the mess. It was pretty silly. Now I am reading Jennifer Close’s The Smart One and it is heavenly. I already don’t want it to end and I’m not even half way through yet.
2. Speaking of drugs, I’ve been marathoning Breaking Bad for the past few days and I’m kind of obsessed now. I watched the first two episodes a couple months ago and it seemed too depressing to me, but I pushed through and now it’s definitely gotten to the good part. The way it’s filmed is very interesting to me and something I don’t usually notice, but it really adds another layer of dimension. So creepy, so good.
3. Remember how elephants lived in the apartment above me in NYC? It seems as if I’m destined to live underneath the loudest people ever because now a musician resides upstairs. He plays the drums. Drums. Of course he is restricted from playing after 9pm, but still. Oddly enough, I don’t even mind (that much), which goes to show how much I love this place already.
4. I found a second job! It was the first email I sent out and I ended up training the following day. My last training shift was Saturday and now I’ll be on my own tonight. It’s a nice sports bar about an hour away by public transportation, which isn’t the best, but it’s pretty good $$$. I’ll be working the Saturday and Sunday night shifts, which means I have Monday and Friday off. I lovelovelove having Mondays off. Best feeling in the world.
5. I’ve been thinking a lot about good blogs lately and what makes them good. One of the best ones I’ve read is Confessions of a Love Addict. She is authentic with a purpose. I hope you know what I mean. It feels so real and vulnerable. Also, she’s a lovely writer.
Hoping to put up an apartment tour soon. Stay tuned. ♥